- Wednesday, September 1, 2021 (8PM) for Preliminary Municipal Election
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021 (8PM) for Municipal Election
You may check your voter information by calling the Election & Census Office at (978) 674-4046 or online at MA Online Voter Registration System
How to Register
Qualified Lowell residents have the following options available to complete voter registration:
- In Person – at the City of Lowell’s Election Office during regular and special office hours to complete a voter registration form in person.
- Online – Click here to complete an online voter application through the Secretary of State’s website.
- By Mail-in Registration Form – Forms are available at the City Election Commission, local libraries, branches of the U.S. Post Office, any Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles while conducting a registry transaction, neighborhood health clinics, public housing locations, various social service agencies, and various other locations throughout the state. To have a Registration form mailed to you, call the State Elections Division at 800-462-VOTE (8683), or call the City Election Commission at 978-674-1200.
Fill the form out completely and sign it at the bottom. Mail the form to:
375 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852
Election System Changes in Lowell
To learn more about the new district and at-large “hybrid” system of elections for Lowell City Council and Lowell School Committee, please visit Your Lowell Your Vote